Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Irvine Lake - Gone Fishin'!

I’ve been saying, for a while now, how much I miss going fishing.  I miss baiting the line, casting out and waiting.  I love looking out at a calm lake, being surrounded by nature and allowing my thoughts to wander in the most peaceful setting I can think of.  And the possibility of a fish finding my bait yummy is what gives the day the excitement. 

My friend and I made our way to Irvine Lake and were surprised at how accessible it is!  I haven’t gone since I was pretty young and with my dad and siblings and I realized how much I had forgotten.  Just take Jamboree all the way to Santiago Canyon road and you’re there!  Within minutes, we went from civilization to 750 acres of beauty. 



We went thru the gate and directly to the Tackle & Bait shop.  It’s $22 per person for the day to go fishing and there’s no license required.  We each rented a fishing pole for $10, it was all ready to go with a weight and a hook and a tub of worms is about $4.  John, the gentleman that rang us up, was such a help!  He made excellent recommendations to get us set up for the day and also show us how to tie the line so it won’t break.  I highly recommend seeing John if you get the chance.  Very knowledgeable and helpful!



All stocked up, we made our way down the lake to a quiet spot and baited up.  4 hours, a few worms down and 0 fish later, we were done for the day.  We had nibbles but our inexperience kept us from catching anything but lake weeds.  Even though we didn’t catch anything, were had a wonderful day!  Beautiful scenery, wildlife and a quiet and calm lake, I couldn’t have asked for more!  I have plans to go back many times before I make my move to NYC! 


No comments:

Post a Comment