Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

Cinco De Mayo in Orange County! Have to celebrate with my team, right?! Just a few blocks from where I work, there is a panaderia. To all of you non Spanish speakers, that means bakery. I thought it would be the perfect place to go to get some traditional Mexican sweet bread (pan dulce) as a treat for my team. (FYI, I am a manager for a wireless company at a retail location). I love these little places. Small, Spanish music playing loudly and things to buy that you'll never see in a big chain grocery store. I got $25 worth of pastries and look what I got! Everyone has a smile on their face and willing to recommend things to you. The name of the little panaderia is Panaderia De La Poblana and I definitely recommend everyone to try one out in their neighborhood (if you have one). Be a tourist in your own neighborhood and try something new!!! I don’t have the names of each pastry but I had a little of each.  None of the pastries are too sweet.  Just sweet enough although I do recommend having some coffee or milk to drink with whatever you choose to eat.  Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment