Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog Post Numero Uno

I just Googled “How to be a New Yorker”…  I feel like I should slap my own hand for that one, but just yesterday I Googled “How to dress like Princess Diana”… Royal wedding fever secretly going on in my apartment.  I fell in love with 2011 on January 1st and said good riddance to 2010.  2010 hadn’t been awful but it really, really had not been good and I could feel it in my bones that 2011 would be a year of so many new beginnings and they would all change my life and my perceptions and my whatever.  The first sign that I was on track was my fiancé got a great job in NYC.  Manhattan.  A short walking distance from Central Park.   This opened up million new possibilities that I haven’t even begun to process in my own mind, let alone fill my fiancé in on.  He’ll get up to speed soon enough!

With this impending move, I have begun to wear the Graduation Goggles without realizing it.  For the record, I’ve never heard of these until and episode of How I Met Your Mother and I’m glad I did because they really make a whole lot of sense!  So many new things on the horizon…a cross country move, no family or friends to be around, a complete weather change (I have to buy heavy winter clothing????!!!!) and I seem to be getting completely nostalgic about palm trees, 4 lane freeways and the singing of the birds outside my apartment.  These Graduation Goggles have turned me into half of a Disney movie, but I’m sure I’ll outgrow that the minute I land in New York.  Goodbye consistent 70 degree weather (sometimes even when it’s raining).  Goodbye everything I’ve known since the day I was born.  Goodbye family and friends that have been just a short drive away the unconscious comfort of being so close to people I can count on.  These ramblings are going to not just be a reflection of my Graduation Goggles, but a tribute to my native life in California and my new beginnings in New York.  Bear with me and please converse with me as the countdown starts to my new life!

3 comments:

  1. Graduation Goggles :-) Love it , love it , love it. Ms B , you have quite the adventure ahead of you . I can't wait to read all about it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany - you are the only other person I have ever signed up to follow (other than Charlie Sheen).......LOL !!! I am following your journey right along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I am excited to begin this adventure!!

    ReplyDelete