Monday, June 20, 2011

The Queen Mary Experience

I’ve seen it from a distance, multiple times throughout my life in California.  I’ve heard that parts of it were supposedly haunted and always thought it would be fun to go to the Halloween “haunted house” event.  It just never seemed to happen, so I went to their website www.queenmary.com and planned my visit. 



I can’t believe that I thought the Queen Mary would only capitalize on the hauntings during Halloween!  I was very happy to see that they offer daily tours showcasing specific haunted sites on the ship.  For $27.95, I signed up for the Haunted Encounters Passport that includes a general admission ticket, Ghosts and Legends show, Haunted Encounters tour and a self guided tour with optional audio accompaniment. 



First to-do on my passport was the Haunted Encounters tour which ran a little under an hour.  We went to places on the ship that are not open to the general public and are considered the most haunted spots.  The entire tour and our tour guide was very “dry” and the only thing that kept me interested was the possibility of catching a specter on camera.  I was really hoping the tour guide would give us less facts about the ship and more stories that would ignite the imagination and leave me feeling that it was in fact all too possible to experience a haunting on this tour.  Alas, the hairs on the back of my neck were well rested and my bones sadly not chilled.





The next tour, Ghosts and Legends, was kitschy and entertaining but that was it.  Unfortunately, I heard the same stories on each tour and they didn’t match up to each other. 

My day at The Queen Mary was pleasant and I’m very glad I did it, but I really can’t say I would recommend it or ever do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment