Thursday, April 28, 2011

Yummy Chicken Wraps!

Thank goodness for days off!  Lazy, do nothing all day, stay in pajamas days off!!  It’s so rare that I get to enjoy days like this.  I guess, technically, I’m doing something by doing a bit of blogging today but I wanted to share my recipe with you all.

Years ago, my sister-in-law fell in love with a chicken wrap appetizer and asked me to re-create it so we could eat it at home whenever we want.  Being the chef that I am, I was more than happy to take on the challenge.  It turned out that it wasn’t much of a challenge and came out better than the restaurants!  Here’s the recipe:

-         1 pkg tortillas
-         1 whole cooked chicken (from your grocery store), shred it up by hand
-         3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
-         1 can diced green chilies
-         1 can corn (drained)
-         1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
-         1 cup diced red onion
-         1 tbsp salt
-         5 cloves diced garlic, quickly fried until crisp
-         1 cup chopped cilantro
-         pepper to taste
-         Olive oil to brush on


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix it all together!

Put a few spoonfuls in a “line” down the center of the tortilla.  Roll tightly with the flap put down onto a foil lined baking sheet.  Do this with as many as will fit on the baking sheet.

Lightly brush with olive oil.  This help the tortilla to crisp up a bit in the oven. 

Cook for 10-15 minutes.  Until the ends of the tortilla are brown and all the cheese is melted.

Cut the ends off at an angle and cut the roll in half at an angle. 

Serve warm with sour cream, guacamole or salsa!



Let me know if you make this and how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment